On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Miod Vallat <m...@online.fr> wrote:

> Could this be caused by changes in the kernel and/or in xsane? Did you
> try e.g. an older xsane against a kernel which attaches your hardware as
> uscanner, and against a kernel with the uscanner.c chunk reverted?

In fact, if my memory serves me right, I've never been able to use my
scanner with uscanner (I have this device since years).

I always had to "disable uscanner" at boot time, let the device attach
as ugen, and run xsane. Then xsane works like a charm.

When this devices attaches as uscanner, xsane is not able to detect the scanner.

--
Mattieu Baptiste
"/earth is 102% full ... please delete anyone you can."