Hi misc@,

so I have been working on a BSD licensed DPI engine.  It's a
very lightweight, non-intrusive approach and I know that teasers
are boring, but I'd like to know if it's worth the time to
work on inclusion for pf(4).  So far I have about 25 supported
applications and the necessary hooks for the pf.conf(5) parts.

The idea is first packet on each side only, no content extraction.
It's not meant to be completely accurate, but it might be a good
addition to the feature set of pf(4) nonetheless.  I have two
blog posts with code, and more coming if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Franco