s_gamm...@charter.net [s_gamm...@charter.net] wrote:
> I finally got it to boot successfully.  Not sure what was up with
> the hard drive errors.  Maybe the file system wasn't clean?   After
> I put the drive in the laptop and let it boot Ok, it's been booting
> Ok in the IP380.  I'll see if I can get the network ports to work
> later today.

The errors you got are due to errors reported by the IDE controller back to the
pciide driver. That's a layer (or two) lower than the filesystem itself. If
moving the drive around fixed it, perhaps there was a poor connection
somewhere? (Hell, I just bought an old stereo receiver and had to take it apart
and reseat every board inside to clean up the sound coming out...)

Since the dc driver doesn't know how to read the MAC addresses from your
system, your best bet to make those work is to use the 'lladdr' flag so that
something other than 0 is used on the wire...

--
Semicolons; use them