On 09/06/13 04:50, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2013/09/05 20:03, Barry Grumbine wrote:
>> Non-VM use case: The BeagleBone Black has no RTC, so -j could be
>> useful for cheap little ARM development boards.
>
> -s is fine for that (and the same for those of the alix boards with
> no rtc battery, etc).

...unless the machine isn't attached to the network when initially
powered up.

Same goes for any machine with a dead RTC battery that may not have a
good network connection at boot, and/or you don't want to slow the boot
down by 15 seconds if there is no network connection.  This shocks
people, but I often use a computer where there is no network connection.
 Waiting for that 15 second boot delay is annoying.

I like the idea.

Nick.