Am 20.12.2013 um 08:48 schrieb David Gwynne <da...@gwynne.id.au>:

> On 20 Dec 2013, at 2:56 am, Alexander Hall <alexan...@beard.se> wrote:
>
>> Henning Brauer <lists-openbsdt...@bsws.de> wrote:
>>> * Craig R. Skinner <skin...@britvault.co.uk> [2013-12-19 10:18]:
>>> /var/mail/boxes:

>>> THEREFORE software in base can also deliver mail to
>>> /omgohmymail/pr0n/$uid - does that mean we check it in security?
>>>
>>> The question is rather wether Maildirs in /var/mail are a common
>>> enough setup to warrant a check in security.
>>
>> I totally agree with Henning here.
>>
>> That said, I ended up putting my Maildirs in /var/maildir because of this,
>> so I for one wouldn't object.
>
> i also put maildirs in /var/maildir...

Similar discussion, pops up from time to time:
http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=133422769629575&w=2

Quoting sthen@ in the old thread:
"/var/mail is intended for user-owned mbox files, I would think
moving your maildirs elsewhere is more sane. I tend to use /mail
for virtual user mailboxes but each to their own :)"

IMHO, some "standard"/best practice directory for maildirs is
missing in hier(7).

FWIIW, I put mine in /var/vmail but I would move mine to anything
else to fulfill standard/best practices.