Quoting Theo de Raadt <dera...@cvs.openbsd.org>:

is there a reason, why there is no ports.tar.gz in the latest snapshot folder?

At present, it is not being built in the ftp area any more.

I'd like to ask.  Does anyone find it useful?  It is not in sync with the
packages beside it.

Hi Theo,

Sometimes, when a dependency package is missing in snapshots or when the package itself does not work; I have used ports.tar.gz to build the package and test it. This has helped me with testing openldap. qemu, and horde.

I suppose this could also be done with cvsync etc., so this is not a request to have ports.tar.gz; but it has been useful.

Thanks,

Vijay

Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited
vsan...@foretell.ca

This message was sent using ForeTell-POST 4.9