On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Marc Peters <m...@mpeters.org> wrote:

> On 03/13/14 10:31, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> >> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:54:06 +0100 (CET)
> >> From: Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl>
> >>
> >> The recent "inteldrm suspend/resume regression" thread pointed out
> >> that suspend/resume was quite horribly broken and only worked somewhat
> >> if you didn't heavily use the "3D" acceleration stuff.  Here's a diff
> >> that should fix most of the problems, by making sure userland programs
> >> are properly blocked if they try to use drm while we're suspending or
> >> resuming the machine.
> >>
> >> I would like to see this diff tested some more by people who actually
> >> use all that eye candy.  The thing to watch for is hangs when you try
> >> to suspend your machine.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>
> >> P.S. This seems to make hibernation (ZZZ) work with both inteldrm(4)
> >> and radeondrm(4) on my t400.
> >
> > Here's a slightly better diff that should eleminate a (largely
> > theoretical) deadlock.  If you didn't test yet, try this version
> > instead.
>
> suspend/resume is working. After waking up, Jira in Chrome is no more
> dead slow, as it was before.
>
> Hibernating is not working at all at my T530 (crypto softraid on SSD
> with Swap inside the softraid). I don't know, if it was working before,
> but i usually use suspend. Maybe my swap partition (16G) is to few for
> the RAM, didn't really check yet.

This patch also fixes the problem for me. After multiple suspend/resume
cycles, X no longer eats the CPU on my T510 with:

vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel HD Graphics" rev 0x02
intagp0 at vga1
agp0 at intagp0: aperture at 0xd0000000, size 0x10000000
inteldrm0 at vga1
drm0 at inteldrm0
inteldrm0: 1366x768