On 2014-04-18, Henning Brauer <lists-openbsdt...@bsws.de> wrote:

> so, what are we doing with this now?
> I still want to hide in_cksum_phdr() and kill in_cksum_addword() so that
> nobody ever uses that sh*t again.
> yes, sk loses is half-baked cksum offload support with this, as
> discussed before.
> as naddy pointed out there are (at least) two private copies of
> in_cksum_phdr in other drivers, that is a seperate issue in my book if
> it is an issue at all, that's not an exposed API

And I would prefer all three drivers to handle this in a consistent
way.  I don't care too much if they all have private copies, make
use of in_cksum_phdr() etc., or lose this "half-baked cksum offload
support" altogether.

Well, having three private copies would be kind of stupid.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de