> On 15.05.2014, at 00:46, Henning Brauer <lists-openbsdt...@bsws.de> wrote:
>
> * Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl> [2014-05-15 00:15]:
>> I don't think this is a good idea; didn't we establish the other day
>> that "ifconfig <if> eui64" already did what your +inet6 does?
>
> almost, it's ifconfig <if> inet6 eui64 - but that isn't all THAT
> intuitive. I like +inet6 as the opposite of -inet6.

We don't have "+" something. It is foo or -foo but not +foo. I know that inet6
is already used for the regular addresses, but +inet6 sounds like an
inconsistent workaround for a workaround. I don't like it.

To "enable IPv6" link-local I would rather prefer two options to put either
"inet6 eui64" (or an alias like "inet6 link-local") or an actual inet6 address
in your hostname.if. The latter should automatically remove the flag and enable
the link-local address - does it work this way?

Reyk