> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 11:24:32AM -0400, Kenneth Westerback wrote:
> > Using DUIDs in the installed /etc/fstab has been the default for some time
> > now.
> >
> > We'd like to eliminate the question in the installer and just use
> > DUIDs unconditionally.
> >
> > But first we need to know you are aware of any circumstances where
> > people need or prefer to use the non-DUID option when installing?
>
> I prefer not using DUIDs.

OK, I think Ken made a mistake mentioning preferences.  The real
question is if anyone has a use-case where DUIDs do not work.

Preference has nothing to do with it.  If DUIDs have no downsides,
and only the upsides that they were designed to support, then it is
time to remove the installation question.

The non-DUID access patterns continue to work, of course.  That is
also not part of the question.