Jorge Castillo said:
> Why not make it a port?

Making port for figuring out PKGPATH doesn't sound right.

See, there are four problems with the program:

1.  It is not good enough in doing its job.  Which is funny, because
    picking right mirror is trivially done without any program.
2.  It uses external tools for tasks that could be trivially implemented
    in C.
3.  It doesn't filter out obviously bad choices, eg. users in Europe
    will test mirrors in North America.
4.  It doesn't meet OpenBSD's standards for code in base.

Problems #2, #3 and #4 can be fixed, but problem #1 makes this
discussion completely pointless.  Provided that all OpenBSD developers
who cared to participate in this discussion pointed out this issue, I'd
suggest to stop wasting time and bandwidth right here.

Luke, if you disagree with my assessment, please publish your program on
github and convince tech media to mention it.  And move to next thing.
Thank you in advance.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff