Are there any reviews, tests, OKs, or NOs pending? And if
not, may I ask if someone knows a better way to make progress
in this area? I'm at a loss here. As far as I can see, I
cannot offer a smaller diff; this one contains the minimum
that technically makes sense. And as it just adds the basics,
a lot of things remain that could and possibly should be done
soon, 6.0 isn't far away here.