On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 7:12 PM, Simon Ruderich <si...@ruderich.org> wrote:
> However I still would like to see a quick note telling the user
> that he should remember to update all source-based data because
> the installer won't do it for them . Maybe something like "The
> installer doesn't automatically update source files, for example
> in /usr/src".

Listing what something *doesn't* do is generally a bad plan, because
the list has no end, so where to draw the line becomes a matter of
opinion.  Better to list what the installer does update and say that's
the complete list, and then perhaps "Anything else previously
installed will need to be updated separately."

Philip Guenther