On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 08:32:01AM +0530, S.Gopinath SundaraRajan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just started using OpenBSD's ospfd.
>
> 1. I would like to have a direct Ethernet link
> between OpenBSD box and Cisco/Juniper router.
>
> I would like to specify the link type as point to point.
>
> Which configuration directive I have to use ?.

Currently not supported. I looked at this once but it was trickier than
expected (couldn't shake out the last bugs).

> 2. I would like to use SHA1/SHA2 Message digest
> authentication. Whether ospfd supports this ?.

No. We don't support those but we accept patches.

> 3. I would like to crypt the authentication keys in the
> ospfd.conf file instead of plain text keys. Is it possible ?.

There is no way you can store a shared secret in a config file in an
encrypted form. This is why the config file is only readable by root.
Scrambling it does not increase security so it is not worth the effort.

--
:wq Claudio

  • OSPFD S.Gopinath SundaraRajan