On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 11:46:52PM GMT, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > As faq/current.html[0] grows, each major change is being added at
> > the very bottom, chronologically. There already are several other
> > pages where this kind of ordering makes sense, i.e. innovations.html[1].
> >
> > Given the "current" (unintentional pun) nature of changes on the
> > aforementioned page, it seem like reverse chronological order would
> > suit it better, as is the case with, i.e. events.html[2].
>
> This page includes remedial actions a current-follower needs, which
> are generally cut&pasted.

Sure.

> A reader decides "Where was I last time", then would intuitively
> move forward.

Yes, that's one way to look at it - it is the way I, and everybody
else, have been doing.

Another way to look at it is, "Let me have a look if there's anything
new on faq/current.html - I open the page and, *without* moving
forward, can see straight away if something new has been added. No?
Then I move on with my life without scrolling down or doing anything
else apart from opening the page". Given OpenBSD's rapid development,
new entries on faq/current.html appear quite frequently - I'm only
thinking of the tiny amount of time saved each time.

> The proposal doesn't make sense to me.

Duly noted :^)

Raf