Hi,

On Jul 4, 2017, at 7:40 AM, Mark Kettenis <mark.kette...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> From: Frank Groeneveld <fr...@frankgroeneveld.nl>
>> Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2017 09:38:18 +0200
>>
>>> On Mon, Jul 3, 2017, at 08:30, Martijn van Duren wrote:
>>> This change *STILL* breaks my $DAYJOB machine.
>>>
>>> dmesg with DRMDEBUG enabled
>>
>> Maybe you shouldn't chose Apple hardware ;-)

I've actually had really positive experiences with running OpenBSD with Apple
hardware.  I had an iMac that I used as an experimental box and the only issue
with it was retrieving the blob for the video card.  Likewise, I had a
firewall/NIDS running on a headless Mac Mini with no issues.  Even more
impressive, I had zero-configuration support for an Apple USB 10/100 NIC, which
I expected would be a bit more of a niche device.

I note that you mention ThinkPads and I know they are highly regarded within
the OpenBSD community . . . I just thought I'd throw in my two cents on Apple
hardware!

Cheers,

- J