Jesper Wallin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 09:52:22AM +0200, Martijn van Duren wrote:
> > I've also been bitten by this a couple of times, but you can also solve
> > this via the sensorsd framework, which is how I've done it.
>
> Yeah, someone on IRC also suggested sensorsd or even ksh and a cronjob.
> I personally find it a bit too ducttapey though, especially for a
> feature one would expect on a laptop. This also saves me from running an
> extra daemon just in case my battery runs out.

as regards the sensorsd approach, i've known about that possibility since
forever, and think about it every time i find my laptop has a dead battery,
but have never quite been motivated enough to set it up. i've heard the same
from several others. to me this suggests a certain usability hurdle. sensor
framework is great to make sure your scsi enclosure doesn't melt down and
sends you a page, but it's a little too diy for something as simple as
suspend. after all, we could eliminate lidsuspend/action and rely entirely on
sensors for that too, but that'd be silly.