On Wed, Dec 06, 2017 at 11:19:18PM +0300, Sergey Bronnikov wrote:
> Patch below adds similar scripts for ed, perl, gdb, libkeynote, ctags,
> m4 and sed. Patch looks huge but it is actually simple. Anyway if you
> want splitted patch I will resend.

It is not the patch that is too big but the task.  Try to start
with one test, get it integrated, learn, and then do the next.

I have only looked at ed as it is the first in your list.

It generates a lot of errors:
*** The script =.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script a1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script i1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script i3.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script k1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script nl.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script r1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script s2.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script =.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script a1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script i1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script i3.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script k1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script nl.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script r1.red exited abnormally  ***
*** The script s2.red exited abnormally  ***

I think they have to be fixed, before I will run them.  Importing
failing tests is not a good idea.

Although the tests fail, the regress framework does not recognize
it.  Running tests and not caring about the result is pointless.

Then it creates temparary files in /usr/src/bin/ed/test.  Ideally
they should be in /usr/src/regress/bin/ed/obj and removed by make
clean.  If this is too complicated, we could leave it as it is.
But we should at least try it.

So please select one regress to start with, make it nicely pass and
fail, fix the bugs and get your work commited.  I will help you
there.

bluhm