On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 03:06:32PM +0100, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08 2018, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <j...@wxcvbn.org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 08 2018, Klemens Nanni <k...@posteo.org> wrote:
> > Looks good, except you give no rationale for moving the FPATH quirk
> > from "known differences [...] that are not likely to change" to "known
> > differences [...] that may change".
I checked ksh88 but not ksh93, my bad.

> > IIUC ksh93 now documents this behavior:
> >
> >               FPATH  The search path for function definitions.  The
> >                      directories in this path are searched for a file with
> > the
> >                      same name as the function or command when a function
> > with
> >                      the -u attribute is referenced and when a command is
> > not
> >                      found.  If an executable file with the name of that
> >                      command is found, then it is read and executed in the
> >                      current environment. [...]
> >
> > (Actually ksh93 doesn't require the file to be executable.)
> >
> > Right now I'm tempted to leave the FPATH bits as is or to amend them,
> > not to move them to the "may change later" section.
>
> Another small round of fixes.
> - unreadable/setuid scripts... what?
> - BUG-REPORTS has been moved to Attic
> - s/effect/affect where relevant
> - tweak the note about FPATH
> - pdksh "understand[s] C integer constants (ie, 0x123, 0177)"
These all look good so far, thanks.

> I've been tempted to remove the second paragraph in POSIX sh bugs, but
> I don't know whether ksh handles all the details of parameter
> expansions.
Tilde expansion is not performed in double quoted words of parameter
expansions:

        $ unset v
        $ echo ${v:=~root}      # assigns expanded word
        /root
        $ echo ${v+"~root"}     # substitutes unexpanded word
        ~root

Other expansion operators (-, ?, #, ##, %, %%) behave the same. So I'd
say it's safe to remove that, too.