On 20/04/18 16:20, Remi Locherer wrote:
> On 2018-04-20 14:46, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:

>> While it does the job for local connected/static networks (on the router),
>> it doesn't do it for forwarded routes which I learn from remote OSPF routers.
>
> LSAs from other routers are not changed by the "depend on" feature. But other
> OSPF routers us the metric when they calculate their path.
>
> If this does not answer your question, can you provide a simplified
> description
> or schema of your network?
>
>> Is this normal behavior?
>>
>> relevant config parts:
>>
>> stub router no
>> # redistribute default
>> redistribute 192.168.1.0/24 set { metric 100 } depend on carp0
>>
>> area 0.0.0.1 {
>>   interface vlan_int {
>>     metric 1
>>     depend on carp0
>>   }
>>   interface vlan_ext {
>>     metric 1
>>     depend on carp0
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> 192.168.1.0/24 (which is a local blackhole route) is propagated with
>> the correct metric,
>> either 65535 or 100, depended on the carp0 status.
>>
>> Rest of ospf routes don't change metric on carp0 demotion.
>
> And what about the networks direct connected on vlan_int and vlan_ext?
> Above you state it works as you expected for direct connected networks.
>
> Remi

Thanks for the answer.
I also thought that maybe LSAs are not changed... that's why I've asked if it's
normal.
I was expecting/hoping router links to be changed and thus affecting LSAs
indirectly.

My setup is like this [Cisco_int] <-> [OB1]/[OB2] <-> [Cisco_ext]

I manage Cisco_int and the BSDs. I was monitoring ospf routes on Cisco_int to
see behavior.
vlan_int is also connected on Cisco_int so I didn't expect to see something
different there as it is a connected network.

I tried this because I wanted the primary router/firewall to not take over
after boot, before pfsync is done.

So eventually this would only work on a setup where internal_network(s) are
carp interfaces and external is ospf right?