On Sun, Apr 29, 2018 at 10:43:55AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> It's very common  for wifi clients to do background scans so I'd be
> interested to know whether non-OpenBSD clients also see packet loss,
> or whether OpenBSD with a different client device is any better. What
> are the AP and client devices? Are other firmware versions available? I
> guess bg scan must use power-saving to queue frames while the client is
> off channel so maybe the issue relates to this.

The AP is an old Apple TimeCapsule 4gen (model A1409) from mid 2011.
The client is a "Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265" running the latest
firmware available on OpenBSD 6.3-current.  I'm not seeing any issues
with any other clients (an old Apple TV, a Mac, a Playstation 4, phones
and so on) and it also works on this machine when running Linux for
example.

I'll see if I can run some further testing and get some sort of tcpdump
or so from the Mac perhaps and see how OpenBSD behaves compared to
another client.

Regards,
Jesper Wallin