OpenBGPd Feature Request  / Question if the Feature Request
is something the community would use ?

Background,
Ideally we would run full tables so that we have visibility
on reachibility of a prefix via a transit provider,

Problem: routers that support this functionality Reliably
 are quite expensive, (or inexpensive and unreliable)
Workaround:
so many people accept default over BGP from transit and
 then peer locally on the exchange
Issue with this is that you lose visibility of wheather
an ip is actually reachable via your transit provider

Question:
is it feasible to have a hybrid between a default route
for transit and bgp full views of transit?
Is it feasible to:
a) take two or more full bgp feeds from transit,
b) diff them continuously on a software route server,
c) install a default route to your preferred transit provider
    on your lower cost L3 Switches / Routers
d) install differences in prefix reachibilitity to the
    appropiate transit provider (which would otherwise not
    be reachable via your preferred transit provider)

Why am I asking this ?
I want to have the advantages of full views of internet
but I want the simplicity of a single default route +
any exceptions.  and use more cost effective hardware

Im asking this in the context of an ISP which is not
proividing transit to other ISPs

I ideally would like to run multihop BGP to my transit
providers,
and then use a L3 switch for forwarding in hardware
(something like an arista / Broadcom Trident II )
which can take up to around 128k routes on its asics

If it is feasible to do what is involved in adding it
to OpenBGPd and is this something the wider community
would use / enjoy ?

Your feedback would be really appreciated...

Tom Smyth