Lots of negativity here, so I just wanted to chime in - really love
the new console font!  Crisp and easily readable letters, big enough
to be readable, with a reasonable number of letters per line
(${COLUMNS}) en lines per screen (${LINES}).  It does mean pretty big
characters on big screens when in console mode, but on big screens I
want to run X anyway, so it's all good.  What I understand of the
algorithm to pick the font size makes a lot of sense to me.

Thank you Frederic for all the effort you put into this font and
making it happen on the console and in X through the fonts/spleen
port!

Cheers,

Paul 'WEiRD' de Weerd

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/