On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 09:57:02PM -0500, Katherine Rohl wrote:
> I have my i8042 device for vmd(8) mostly implemented. It’s only missing a few
> commands, but since there are no PS/2 input devices yet, there isn’t very
> much in the way of testing I can do beyond ensuring that commands act as they
> should.
>
> I have a couple questions about expected behavior, mostly related to the 8042
> output port.
>
> * The 8042 controls the CPU reset line, but I’m not sure what the behavior
> should be in terms of vmm/vmd. Send a reset command if the reset line gets
> pulled low?

The reset line being asserted (deasserted?) can be shunted to the same code in
vmd that processes triple faults, thus resetting the CPU.

> * The 8042 controls Gate A20, which doesn’t seem to exist in the VM. I just
> have the output line not hooked up to anything. That OK?

Ignore for now.

> * There is nothing hooked up to the PS/2 ports since adding input devices is
> out of scope for my current diff.
> * Commands F0-F3 pulse 8042 output port bits low for 6uS. How should such
> timing be implemented in a vmd device?

We don't have very precise timing, so I'm not sure how you're going to get a
6uS pulse. What does an attached device do with such a pulse in a normal
scenario?