On Wed, Jul 03, 2019 at 08:17:09PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> > Well, the question I had is: can I just make that whole block bigger.
> > Thus making the partition lead-in bigger.  Is there a reason that whole
> > area can't just be enlarged?
> >
> > I'm rebuilding on a single-disk system an OpenBSD 6.5 with
> > SR_BOOT_LOADER_SIZE
> > set to 1024.  Then I'll see how that behaves when I try to build a raid1
> > and install onto it.
>
> I think that would break existing softraid setups. You cannot do such
> things without being backward compatible.

Yeah.  I suppose I should've realized that issue when I first asked the
question.  Clear now.  So, the bigger "how can we fix this so that
a debugging ofwboot could be installed on sparc64" is a larger and more
complicated question.  In the short term, I'm going to produce an odd-ball
system on my own where I can load the debugging ofwboot to try to diagnose
my own issue.

But, I think we should think about the larger issue of there being an obvious
need for bootloaders, at least in some architectures, being larger than 160kb.
Any idea how we could allow for that in softraid, while not mucking up
existing installations?

                   - Chris