On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 05:55:06PM +0100, Tobias Heider wrote:
> iked by default blocks all IPv6 traffic on a host unless any
> of the configured policies use v6.  This was originally meant
> as a measure to prevent VPN leakage for people who did not
> think of IPv6 when configuring IPsec.  With the -6 flag
> set, iked does not install this IPv6 blocking flow.
It it still considered a leakage prevention, altough I doubt its
usefulness.

> I think we should discuss whether we can remove the flow
> (and the -6 flag) as I constantly hear people complaining
> that it broke their setups and I don't think anyone
> expects some seemingly unrelated program breaking IPv6.
iked(8) is the only tool I know going completely counter-intuitive with
it's `-6' option;  I expect those to behave like in nc(1).

I'm in favour of removing the option and OK with your diff, but simply
removing it is probably a bad idea given its nature.

What about printing a deprecation warning so that users can safely
adjust their rcctl flags instead of running into "iked(failed)" on the
next snapshot.