On 4/7/20 6:05 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
fwiw my usual approach is to put /var/www on a separate filesystem ..

I do generally create a separate filesystem for /var/www/tmp (and /var/www). But I feel this is the responsibility of whoever installs stuff which will write in this directory to adapt the filesystem to whatever parameters he will need. The base OS doesn't need it at all. We cannot predict what one needs for capacity will be. This would also be valid for /var/mail, one can fill it with mails for root from cron.