On Fri 30/04/2021 00:03, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> This is another patch for Tx aggregation support in iwm(4).
> I have tested 7265, 8265, and 9560, and they seem to work.
>
> Causes of various fatal firmware errors from my earlier attempts at
> getting this to work have been identified and fixed in this version.
> In particular, the AP starting and stopping Tx BA sessions repeatedly
> was causing firmware crashes. And a frame header padding issue which
> caused firmware crashes on 9k devices has been fixed.
>
> In my testing, tcpbench reports up to 100 Mbit/s both ways against
> a pepwave 11ac AP, and games/chaiki is running smoothly at 720p.
>
> Tests on all types of iwm devices are welcome.
>
> I have just committed my iwn/iwm/iwx beacon parameters patch to CVS.
> Please update your trees to include those changes before applying
> this txagg patch.

$ dmesg | grep iwm0
iwm0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel AC 8260" rev 0x3a, msi
iwm0: hw rev 0x200, fw ver 34.0.1, address f4:8c:50:7c:6b:90

Tested against a couple of Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LITE's at home and whatever
the Dutch Railways is using in its trains (something from MEN Mikro
Elektronik):
- roaming seems to work fine
- no lag on my ssh-sessions
- no mentioning of firmware errors in the logs
- significant increase in throughput (@home)

Thank you!