Kevin Chadwick <m8il1i...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/30/21 12:18 PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > Our default group cipher is CCMP which should not involve any TKIP MIC
> > checks on the AP. Such checks occuring would be a bug in this case.
>
> TKIP has been so easily crackable for over a decade that I wonder if it has a
> place in OpenBSD, atleast without stark warnings.
>
> Is it worth the maintenance?

Is it worth blackholing people who encounter legacy APs, when they just want
to get on with their lives?

In your books, yes.  To extend the analogy, next you'll be saying we
should cut all the aerial fiber because it is less safe than buried
fiber, and who cares if those people don't have internet, after all it was
unsafe.