On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 05:02:26PM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 03:35:46PM +0200, Claudio Jeker wrote:
> > This diff moves prefix_write to rde_prefix.c and renames it to pt_write.
> > The function now takes a struct pt_entry * as argument and with this the
> > extra indirection via pt_getaddr() falls away.
>
> I'm ok with this, although it's not entirely obvious to me why this is
> better.

I want to remove most usage of pt_getaddr() and pt_fill() mainly to have
less dependency on struct bgpd_addr. The problem is that adding flowspec
to struct bgpd_addr does not really work. So using struct pt_entry
pointers works better since the representation is then purely internal.

Right now my goal is to get most of the Adj-RIB-Out handling cleaned up
making it possible to announce flowspec rules from OpenBGPD.

> I found this diff hard to review. Perhaps you could land it with an
> intermediate step that only moves the two functions without doing
> anything else. Once I did this, it was a lot easier to see what
> happened.

Sorry about that. Will try to remember for next time.
I already split all the pt_entry churn into multible diffs but guess N + 1
is the rule :)

--
:wq Claudio