On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 1:02 PM Steve Langasek <steve.langa...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

[...]
> > The packageset reports [1] already include all the information, too.
>
> > [1] http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/packagesets/disco/
>
> To fully audit this requires answering a different question: is there at
> least one member of the development team for the flavor who is active and
> has upload rights to all the packages in the packageset?
>
> This might mean the members of the flavor team with upload rights are MOTU
> or core-dev rather than having PPU on the packageset.  And we can't rely on
> membership in the flavor development team being an indicator of current
> activity.

If we can report on the current members in the development team vs.
what their upload rights are (core-dev, MOTU, or the relevant team for
packageset upload) we'll already have some initial data to work with.

Then, we also do have some amounts of data to try to guess if a
particular developer is "active"... It's possible, it just becomes
computationally expensive (at least if you check -changes mailing list
against developers in the right development teams, etc.), for not a
ton more "certainty" on whether someone is active.

> Is this something you'd want to modify the DMB scripts to try to tackle, at
> least the parts that can be automated? (Probably not the bit where we have
> to confirm that uploaders are currently active and interested in continuing
> to be responsible for the flavor)

Sorry for the late response. I suggested it because I'm happy to write
a new script / modify the existing to get this data. I'll see to get
this working soon, so we have some data to work with before the disco
release.

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <cypher...@ubuntu.com>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: mathieu...@gmail.com
4096R/65B58DA1 818A D123 0992 275B 23C2  CF89 C67B B4D6 65B5 8DA1