On 23/04/16 09:19, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I note that there isn't much recent activity in the repos:
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/telepathy
>
> Also some distros have forked parts of Telepathy, for eg:
> https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/telepathy-ring

Oddly enough, there is now a network/softphone called Ring[1] and so
telepathy-ring may become confusing, it may need to be renamed
telepathy-mobile or something.

Telepathy is a modular framework, the link you provided is a
connection manager (CM) that appears to run within a Telepathy system,
it doesn't appear to be a fork or alternative to the core Telepathy
components.

> Does Telepathy have a future?

Telepathy is currently in many Linux desktops.

There has been some talk about improving the GNOME Empathy front-end,
I'm not sure about the state of the KDE front-end, but they do work as
they are.

Regards,

Daniel

1. http://ring.cx