On 07/12/16 16:22, Gustavo Boiko wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro
> <mailto:dan...@pocock.pro>> wrote:
>

>     Debian has telepathy-qt for both qt4 and qt5:
>
>     https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html
>     <https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html>
>
>     So far, we've been building and testing telepathy-resiprocate with
>     qt4 only
>
>     I've just updated the resiprocate 1.11.0~alpha1 to Debian, which adds a
>     telepathy-resiprocate.deb for the first time.
>
>     Should it be changed to build against telepathy-qt5 instead of qt4 for
>     the upcoming Debian release, or is there significant risk in doing that
>     without more time for testing?
>

> I think moving forward it is best to use telepathy-qt5. I am playing a
> bit with telepathy-resiprocate and have proposed the following pull
> request which changes it to use qt5 and adapts some package detection:
> https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/pull/73
> <https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/pull/73>
>
> Please let me know if those changes make sense.

I've accepted the pull request, thanks for that contribution

> Are the debian files with the telepathy-resiprocate packaging available
> in a branch on github? I'd like to use that to try it out on Ubuntu.

The Debian packaging is in a clone of the repository on Github, but the
branches for Debian are pushed to alioth

The URLs are here, see the VCS link:

https://packages.qa.debian.org/r/resiprocate.html

I just made some fresh commits in the last few days

You should be able to do something like this to build:

git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-voip/resiprocate.git
git checkout debian/sid
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -i.* -j13

If you want to make changes, you could create a branch off debian/sid, e.g.

  git branch debian/boiko-tp-qt debian/sid

You may have to manually install some build dependencies with apt-get,
but you can get most of them with

apt-get build-dep resiprocate

Regards,

Daniel