On 07/12/16 16:41, Gustavo Boiko wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro
> <mailto:dan...@pocock.pro>> wrote:
>

>     On 07/12/16 16:22, Gustavo Boiko wrote:
>     > Hi Daniel
>     >
>     > On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM, Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro
> <mailto:dan...@pocock.pro>
>     > <mailto:dan...@pocock.pro <mailto:dan...@pocock.pro>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     Debian has telepathy-qt for both qt4 and qt5:
>     >
>     >     https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html
>     <https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html>
>     >     <https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html
>     <https://packages.qa.debian.org/t/telepathy-qt.html>>
>     >
>     >     So far, we've been building and testing telepathy-resiprocate with
>     >     qt4 only
>     >
>     >     I've just updated the resiprocate 1.11.0~alpha1 to Debian, which
> adds a
>     >     telepathy-resiprocate.deb for the first time.
>     >
>     >     Should it be changed to build against telepathy-qt5 instead of qt4
> for
>     >     the upcoming Debian release, or is there significant risk in doing
> that
>     >     without more time for testing?
>     >
>     >
>     > I think moving forward it is best to use telepathy-qt5. I am playing a
>     > bit with telepathy-resiprocate and have proposed the following pull
>     > request which changes it to use qt5 and adapts some package detection:
>     > https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/pull/73
>     <https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/pull/73>
>     > <https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/pull/73
>     <https://github.com/resiprocate/resiprocate/pull/73>>
>     >
>     > Please let me know if those changes make sense.
>     >

>     I've accepted the pull request, thanks for that contribution
>
>     > Are the debian files with the telepathy-resiprocate packaging available
>     > in a branch on github? I'd like to use that to try it out on Ubuntu.
>     >

>     The Debian packaging is in a clone of the repository on Github, but the
>     branches for Debian are pushed to alioth
>
>     The URLs are here, see the VCS link:
>
>     https://packages.qa.debian.org/r/resiprocate.html
>     <https://packages.qa.debian.org/r/resiprocate.html>
>
>     I just made some fresh commits in the last few days
>
>     You should be able to do something like this to build:
>
>     git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-voip/resiprocate.git
>     <http://anonscm.debian.org/pkg-voip/resiprocate.git>
>     git checkout debian/sid
>     dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -i.* -j13
>
>     If you want to make changes, you could create a branch off
>     debian/sid, e.g.

> [...]

The debian/sid branch already has a telepathy-resiprocate package

It is currently stuck in the NEW queue because each time a new package
name is added to debian/control, it needs to be approved by the FTP
masters again

https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Notice I also raised a bug against the gnome desktop package:

and if you have time to look into that issue or discuss it with the
GNOME maintainers it would also help a lot.  Currently people can't just
do "dpkg --purge telepathy-rakia" because of that dependency issue.

Regards,

Daniel