I got it working in a really backhanded mongolian clusterfluke way.

I am calling an External action, which calls a Bash script which calls CURL and
writes the results to a file. Then reading that file.

It works, but it shouldn’t be that hard. Or take that long.

Now that I’ve got it out of the way I will follow Steve and Robert's advice and
purchase a new server (I can’t mess with the existing one), installing a newer
OS, Terascript 7.1.5 and doing this the proper way. However I won’t be at all
surprised if I meet another showstopper along the way.

Byteserve Pty Ltd
w: http://www.byteserve.com.au/
e: i...@byteserve.com.au
p: +61 02 9960 6099