I am using the git version -- output and messages attached. pdf seems to
have all the lines.

User@HP ~/tesseract-ocr/testing
$ tesseract 5.tif 5 pdf
Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v3.04.00 with Leptonica
Page 1
OSD: Weak margin (5.78), horiz textlines, not CJK: Don't rotate.
Page 2
Too few characters. Skipping this page
OSD: Weak margin (0.00) for 0 blob text block, but using orientation
anyway: 0
Empty page!!
Too few characters. Skipping this page
OSD: Weak margin (0.00) for 0 blob text block, but using orientation
anyway: 0
Empty page!!
Warning in pixReadMemTiff: tiff page 2 not found

User@HP ~/tesseract-ocr/testing
$ tesseract -v
tesseract 3.04.00
 leptonica-1.71
  libgif 5.1.0 : libjpeg 8d : libpng 1.6.14 : libtiff 4.0.3 : zlib 1.2.8 :
libwebp 0.4.2

ShreeDevi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduW_RyxzRCwSsec9q%3DVHsD6ogUHwxm5yVPZbmdF1SMqQWg%40mail.gmail.com.