Simon,

I gave the cygwin compiled windows binary a try. It runs fine and I was
able to create the txt and hocr output.

I am getting some error creating the pdf and also if I use a gif as input.
Just FYI, in the past I have used MSYS2 on the same PC for building
tesseract - not sure if that is causing a conflict.

Here is the log, in case you can help me pinpoint the problem. In case you
have the debug version compiled, I'll download that and give it  a try.
Thanks!

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\User>cd Downloads

C:\Users\User\Downloads>cd TESS

C:\Users\User\Downloads\TESS>tess eurotext eng

C:\Users\User\Downloads\TESS>tesseract test/eurotext.tif
test/eurotext-eng-txt -l eng
Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v3.04.00 with Leptonica
Page 1
Warning in pixReadMemTiff: tiff page 1 not found

C:\Users\User\Downloads\TESS>tesseract test/eurotext.tif
test/eurotext-eng-hocr -l eng hocr
Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v3.04.00 with Leptonica
Page 1
Warning in pixReadMemTiff: tiff page 1 not found

C:\Users\User\Downloads\TESS>tesseract test/eurotext.tif
test/eurotext-eng-pdf -l eng pdf
Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v3.04.00 with Leptonica
Page 1
Error in fopenWriteStream: stream not opened
Error in pixWrite: stream not opened
Error in fopenReadStream: file not found
Error in extractG4DataFromFile: stream not opened to file
Error in l_generateG4Data: datacomp not extracted
Error in pixGenerateCIData: g4 data not made
Error in l_generateCIDataForPdf: file test/eurotext.tif format is 4;
unreadable
Error during processing.

C:\Users\User\Downloads\TESS>tesseract test/phototest.gif phototest.gif -l
eng
Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine v3.04.00 with Leptonica
Warning in pixReadMemGif: writing to a temp file, not directly to memory
Error in fopenWriteStream: stream not opened
Error in l_binaryWrite: stream not opened
Error in fopenReadStream: file not found
Error in pixRead: image file not found: /tmp/leptonica/791198_5264_mem.gif
Error in pixReadMemGif: pix not read
Error in pixReadMem: gif: no pix returned
Error during processing.

C:\Users\User\Downloads\TESS>

ShreeDevi

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Simon Eigeldinger <simon.eigeldin...@vol.at