Thank you, Marco.

1. Is there a way to download just the tesseract package and dependencies
(like Simon had setup) for testing purposes for those who do not have a
cygwin install?

2. The pdf output option (as far as I understand it) adds the OCRed text
layer on top of copy of the original image, so looking like the original
image is by intention.

3. Are the training tools (text2image and other programs from training
directory) included as part of this? If so, may I request you to also
include the bash scripts in training directory - tesstrain.sh,
tesstrain_util.sh and language-specific.sh. Training also requires langdata
which is available in a separate repository -
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata

Question for Zdenko, Jeff, Ray ...

Should Tesseract training tools be packaged separately from tesseract-ocr,
since not everyone is interested in doing training?

ShreeDevi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduX28vq4RQXpVM5g61qHHVdYkZqmsJa%2BUfP86h%3DxFWsmdw%40mail.gmail.com.