On cygwin Marco Atzeri has packaged Tesseract as well as the training
utilities for 3.04.00 along with some training data. Instruction for cygwin
installation is here: https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html

Tesseract specific packages to be installed:

tesseract-ocr                           3.04.00-2
tesseract-ocr-eng                       3.04-1
tesseract-training-core                 3.04-1
tesseract-training-eng                  3.04-1
tesseract-training-util                 3.04.00-2

ShreeDevi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduUm%3DS4M-b-E8tEz4h7hHnxvthJ73Rn9xGP611KxOWV04g%40mail.gmail.com.