I do not know about the training process for cube, it is not documented.

I have uploaded the box/tif pairs generated by text2image under windows for
sanskrit - there are two versions  s21 and s95 - using different fonts and
exposure levels. Please see
https://github.com/Shreeshrii/imagessan/tree/master/trainingdata-s21
https://github.com/Shreeshrii/imagessan/tree/master/trainingdata-s95

In s21, each font is used for 3 different exposure levels , -1, 0 and 1.
tesstrain.sh --lang san --langdata_dir ./langdata --tessdata_dir ./
--exposures "-1 0 1"

In s95, each font is used only at 0 exposure level.

ShreeDevi

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/CAG2NduV7yfRRfedXGhVzKpWTJCWpU-VAgXT9x0qfrVFSzSt3FQ%40mail.gmail.com.