That would break the box file since it's not compliant to Tesseract box
coordinate specifications.

The program is open-source and developed using NetBeans
<http://netbeans.org> IDE. Its code is fairly easy to follow. You can
change it any way you'd like to.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/5dcff5ec-7a91-4c9e-8214-a55a67e37c3b%40googlegroups.com.