I am trying to implement funtionality in an iOS App. The funtionality is
scanning Chinese VIN Card and recognizing the infomation on it.
I have found the iOS wrapper of tesseract --Tesseract-OCR-iOS
<https://github.com/gali8/Tesseract-OCR-iOS>. I have know how to use it to
recognize English text. But there are 3 issues:
1) Tesseract-OCR-iOS bases on Tesseract 3.03, but there
<https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata> is no chi_sim.traineddata of
3.03 version.
2) chi_sim.traineddata of 3.04 version is 40 MB large, 4.00 version is 50
MB large. Is every version traineddata file so large? If so, it is too
large for iOS Apps.
3) If I train data for Chinese VIN Card(shows below), is there any advise?

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2QQtGhFdIMA/WPiyOA60__I/AAAAAAAAAAc/c_ZpHrIzrfUGdCVx8A-7TfEC0HG8Oij7wCLcB/s1600/VIN.jpg>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/e2fb6508-7227-48a1-bd43-97903084bbf6%40googlegroups.com.