Hi Shree,

I just tried using the training data file you provided but it seems that
there is some problem with Tesseract recognizing this file. I should have
mentioned before that I am using version '3.05.01'.

Below is the sequence of commands I ran:

Bhargavs-MacBook-Pro-2:LPR bhargav$ tesseract topcrop1.jpg out -l
end-numCAPS

Error opening data file
/usr/local/Cellar/tesseract/3.05.01/share/tessdata/end-numCAPS.traineddata

Please make sure the TESSDATA_PREFIX environment variable is set to the
parent directory of your "tessdata" directory.

Failed loading language 'end-numCAPS'

Tesseract couldn't load any languages!

Could not initialize tesseract.

Bhargavs-MacBook-Pro-2:LPR bhargav$ ls
/usr/local/Cellar/tesseract/3.05.01/share/tessdata/

configs eng.traineddata pdf.ttf

eng-numCAPS.traineddata osd.traineddata tessconfigs

Bhargavs-MacBook-Pro-2:LPR bhargav$ echo $TESSDATA_PREFIX

/usr/local/share/tessdata

Please let me know if I have done something wrong or the train data file
has version mismatch or corrupted.

Thanks,
Bhargav

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tesseract-ocr/c346ec8b-32ef-4b29-b9e6-e5d9225a31df%40googlegroups.com.