Randy Kobes wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Slaven Rezic wrote:

make test fails with following output:

/usr/perl5.8.1/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -clean
APACHE= APXS= APACHE_PORT= APACHE_USER= APACHE_GROUP= \
/usr/perl5.8.1/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
t/TEST -verbose=0
*** root mode: changing the fs ownership to 'nobody' (99:99)
/usr/sbin/httpd  -d /home/slavenr/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.03/t -f
/home/slavenr/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.03/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE2
using Apache/2.0.40 (prefork MPM)

waiting for server to start: .Syntax error on line 22 of
/home/slavenr/.cpan/build/Apache-Test-1.03/t/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'TransferLog', perhaps mis-spelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration !!!
server has died with status 255 (t/logs/error_log wasn't
created, start the server in the debug mode) make: ***
[run_tests] Terminated

I think this is due to it parsing the system httpd.conf (obtained
from the location of httpd) and adding to the httpd.conf of
Apache-Test any enabled LoadModule directives it finds. I guess
this could fail, or get confused, if the httpd.conf of httpd
being used isn't a functional one - one possibility is that the
httpd specified is a symlink, or is from an Apache source
distribution that has not yet been edited.

I'm not sure whether I've replied to this one. Slaven, this has been fixed in the current cvs. please verify that it now works for you.