David Wheeler wrote:
On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 12:11  PM, David Wheeler wrote:

BEGIN{
    if (eval {require Apache::Test}) {
        Apache::Test->import(qw(have_lwp plan));
        require Apache::TestRequest;
        Apache::TestRequest->import(qw(GET POST));
        plan tests => 43, have_lwp;
    } else {
        plan skip_all => 'Apache::Test required to run tests.';
    }
}

Actually, to make it cooperate with Test::More, I had to do this:

BEGIN {
    if (eval {require Apache::Test}) {
        if (Apache::Test::have_lwp()) {
            require Apache::TestRequest;
            Apache::TestRequest->import(qw(GET POST));
            plan tests => 43;
        } else {
            plan skip_all => 'libwww-perl is not installed';
        }
    } else {
        plan skip_all => 'Apache::Test required to run tests';
    }
}

David, also please check the latest Apache::Peek on CPAN, I have started abstracting this functionality especially for complex builds which has to support both mod_perl versions. I haven't finished yet, but since pretty much all Apache:: module authors will need this code, rather than duplicating it we better have a special module (which can be at least bundled to start with).

Another approach is to use Module::Install, which I haven't tried yet, but which is supposed to resolve this kind of a problem generically.