Today I've been installing F17 RC4 i386 on a system with a ATI RAGE 128
video card.

The Live CD made my monitor display a message: "Cannot Display this Video
Mode".

I then tried the DVD. Installation went fine. At the end of installation
I pressed the Reboot button and I got the above monitor message again.
I couldn't see the grub menu. After the 5 second grub timeout, I could
see hard drive activity, but monitor still had above message.

Next, I booted off the DVD again and selected
Troubleshooting > Rescue a Fedora System

From the shell prompt, I examined the Xorg.log. Relevant lines:

Failed to load module "r128" (module does not exist, 0)
VESA BIOS detected
VESA VBE Version 2.0
VESA VBE Total Mem: 32768 kB
VESA VBE OEM: ATI RAGE128
Setting up VESA Mode 0x124 (1280x1024)
VBESetVBEMode failed, mode set without customized refresh

I found xorg-x11-drv-r128-6.8.2-1.fc17.i686.rpm in the Fedora 17 repo.
installed it and rebooted.

As before, I couldn't see the Grub menu, but eventually I was presented
the graphical Welcome screen and the system runs well.

How can I get the grub menu to be visible?

Thanks,

Allen