On 2012/05/29 10:00 (GMT-0400) Adam Jackson composed:

Graphical bootloader is not my favorite idea.

Even though I strongly prefer seeing legible white on black framebuffer text kernel and init messages throughout the boot process, Gfxboot has always been one of my favorite SuSE things, with cmdline sitting right there ready to edit on every boot. Did the Grub devs really do something to v2 to make GUI boot a problem Fedora can't handle?

It seems like the Grub devs wanted war with anyone who wished to not need to learn its more complicated new and v1-incompatible system, and purposely made Grub 2 impossible to chainload to from any other bootloader. Since my first Grub 2 experience in Fedora, I stopped letting Anaconda install any bootloader. My systems are mostly multiboot without LVM, RAID or LUKS, so I either use a custom stanza in another installation to boot Fedora, or install Grub Legacy into Fedora's /boot manually via a Knoppix boot when that's not possible.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/