A couple years ago I signed up to help and then promptly disappeared
due to my wife having some health issues. So a couple years and
another daughter later I'm back and thought I would send a new
introduction email.

I'm a long time Red Hat and Fedora user, and have been working with
Linux for my day job since about 2004. I previously worked for a
company called Stratus Technologies in their sustaining group,
working on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the fault tolerant bits
that Stratus added for their hardware. The past couple of years
I was on the team at Oracle that develops their own kernel for
their version of RHEL doing upstream backports, bug fixes, and
maintaining the git repository for the kernel. Since July I have
been a member of the Support Engineering Group at Red Hat, where
I am focused on kernel issues.

I am 42, have a wife and 2 daughters (ages 4 & 1), and live in
Phoenix, Arizona. When not doing something with computers I
am usually reading, and a long time ago I was a Russian Linguist
in the US Army.

irc: snits
email: d...@snitselaar.org or jsnit...@redhat.com

Jerry