I tried to install the latest netinstall version (20210622) of rawhide
yesterday using optical media.  Everything seems to work fine,
except... without a net connection it does not fall back to using the
minimal install on the CD.

My router is set up to disable my ISP's DNS so that I can set the DNS
servers to what I want them to be.  So installing the netinstall fails
if the router is on because it keeps timing out waiting for DNS.  I
could revert that for the setup, and then set it again, but I vaguely
recalled that I could just use the minimal setup on the CD itself.  So,
I turned off the router, and did the install.  I had to switch the
default source to be the media instead of the net.  And it said it
verified the media as good to go.  When I returned to the hub, the
repos and software setup claimed they were working, but after many
minutes, nothing seemed to be happening.  When I followed the spoke to
set the root password, and returned to the hub, they were both
indicating error conditions.

So, finally, my question.  Is this expected behavior, or a bug?  I see
in the repos setup that there is the option to use an ISO for the repo.
If I download the everything server install, will I be able to use it
as the install source?  Once I have a minimal install, I can set it up
to use the router as currently configured, and complete the new version.

I always have the fallback of changing the configuration of the router
if this doesn't work.  But exploring is learning, and kind of fun when
there is no urgency.

Thanks for any answers.