Thomas Esser wrote:

I have no idea if it can have some negative effect if the same encoding
name (TeXBase1Encoding) is loaded with different meanings in one (say
Postscript) document.

in pdf such vectors internally are referenced by object numbers so my guess is that there it goes well (otherwise there would be problems with embedded graphics); i'm not so sure about postscript, since there associations are by names, so it could be a problem indeed

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE